Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with CBD
Halloween is just around the corner! Whether you're excited about autumn, looking ahead to Halloween, or even trying out new recipes that might make the cut for your Thanksgiving table, this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Amy’s Healthy Baking is a great option!
You WILL find a bit of sugar and chocolate chips in this recipe but you can always substitute healthier alternatives, if that's your preference. We also included an option for adding our Concentrated Hemp Classic oil, but you can forego the CBD for a sweet treat without the endocannabinoid impact.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 drops of Concentrated Hemp Classic
- 3 tablespoons milk or dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons fiber bran cereal (for pumpkin stems)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar (or substitute), baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin, applesauce, vanilla, and CBD oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir just until incorporated. Mix the chocolate chips into the dough here, or leave them out until the next step to make jack-o-lantern faces in your cookies.
- Using 1½ tablespoons of dough at a time, shape into a circle and place on the prepared pans.
- To make the jack-o-lantern faces, press two chocolate chips into the dough circle for the eyes and four for the smile.
- Bake cookies at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes. Let them cool on the pan for 3 minutes before sticking a few pieces of cereal into the top of each as the stem. Put the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.