Bluebird Botanicals’ CBD Mulled Wine - Including a Non-Alcoholic Customization!
Being in the thick of the holiday season, I’ve got just one thing on my mind: mulled wine. This holiday classic has become an annual staple ever since I first slipped this sweet nectar past my lips during my graduate study in Galway, Ireland. And, thankfully, it's something you can enjoy just as easily quarantining with your household as you can bringing it to a holiday party.
Mulled wine is great because of its propensity for customization. You can choose your preferred fruits, spices, and even wine type! One of Bluebird’s favorite ways to customize? Our CBD-infused mulled wine recipe. It’s simple to make and is sure to be a hit at your next holiday party.
Not a fan of wine? Our recipe also includes a non-alcoholic customization.
- 2 medium lemons
- 2 medium oranges or 4 small clementines
- 15 drops of Bluebird Hemp Classic Concentrated CBD Oil
- 10 whole cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar or xylitol if you’d like to keep it sugar-free
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks (you may want additional cinnamon sticks for garnish)
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Beaujolais Nouveau, or substitute 750 milliliters of pomegranate juice and 750 milliliters red grape juice
- 1/2 cup brandy (leave out for the mock mulled wine version)
- Place the coconut sugar or xylitol in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring until caramelized.
- Add in your vanilla pod, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon sticks.
- Mix in your red wine or equal parts pomegranate and red grape juice, just until the sugar, spice, and citrus mixture are covered.
- Stir to ensure ingredients combine then leave to simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved, bring mixture to a low boil and boil for about 4 minutes. Stir constantly while boiling to prevent the mixture from burning.
- Dropping to low heat, add in the rest of your red wine and brandy, or your non-alcoholic juice substitutes. Heat mixture thoroughly.
- Mix in your Hemp Classic Concentrated CBD Oil then serve and enjoy!