CBD Herbal Tea Recipe
What could be more grounding than a soothing cup of herbal tea in the quiet hours of the morning or as a way to wind down before bedtime? How about CBD-infused herbal tea?
CBD and herbal tea are essentially soul sisters on the same quest to promote happiness and peace for whoever takes a minute to savor. While you may already incorporate one or both into your daily self-care routine, today we’re going to show you how you can fuse the two together to create the ultimate balancing beverage.
To get started, there are actually two different methods for creating this herbal concoction. The first option is to use a CBD product, such as a CBD oil or isolate product, that you can combine with any kind of tea that suits your fancy. You can use whatever tea bags or loose leaf herbs you have lying around, whether that be Lipton tea bags, clippings from your herb garden, or deluxe dried herbs from your local apothecary. However, it’s important to remember that if you choose to use CBD oil instead of isolate for your blend, you’ll want to select an emulsifying agent like honey or milk to mix the CBD oil in before adding the water.
The second method is to make hemp tea using fresh hemp flower. If you’re not totally sure where to acquire high-quality hemp flower, check out Tweedle Farms - they ship a variety of hemp CBD strains across the country. Otherwise, if you live in a state with legalized recreational cannabis, you can purchase hemp flower from your local dispensary or buy seeds to grow your own (although this would arguably be the most difficult and time-consuming method for making CBD tea).
Read on for our two recipes using each of these methods and feel free to customize based on ingredients that are most accessible to you. If you make the most amazing CBD-infused herbal tea recipe ever, don’t forget to share with us on Instagram by tagging us @bluebirdbotanicals. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Herbal Tea Recipe With CBD Oil or Isolate
This recipe has been adapted from Cannabis Cheri’s original recipe.
- 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ cups boiled water
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger peeled
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 25 mg full-spectrum CBD oil OR 10 mg of CBD isolate
You’ll also need a tea infuser - check out some options here.
- Cut lemon into large slices. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into your mug.
- Peel the rind off a slice of lemon and add the flesh to the tea infuser.
- Remove skin from a piece of fresh ginger root and thinly slice. Add sliced ginger to the tea infuser.
- Add honey to your mug. Use as much or as little as you prefer!
- Add CBD oil to your mug.
- Place the tea infuser inside the mug and fill to the top with boiling water. Cover the mug and let brew for 5 minutes before gently stirring with a spoon for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hemp Tea With CBD & Herbs
- 1 gram of hemp flower
- 1 teabag OR 1 teaspoon of loose leaf tea of choice
- ½ cup of boiling water
- Optional - milk, honey, or other additives of choice
You will also need:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Tea infuser (unless using a tea bag)
- Small grinder for hemp flower
- To decarboxylate and “activate” your hemp flower, preheat your oven to 325º F. While the oven is preheating, line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Grind up the hemp flower using your grinder and sprinkle the ground flower across the lined baking sheet.
- Bake hemp flower for 35 minutes.
- Remove hemp flower from the oven. If you’re using a teabag for your brew, make a small slice near the top of the teabag and gently insert the hemp flower, then staple the tea bag closed. Otherwise, if using loose leaf tea and herbs, add those ingredients and the decarboxylated hemp flower to a tea infuser.
- Fill a small pot or kettle with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the tea bag or tea infuser in a mug and pour in boiling water. Stir for several minutes to fully steep the tea leaves and hemp flower.
- Add any additional ingredients of choice, such as honey or milk.
- Remove the tea bag or tea infuser from your mug. Serve and enjoy!