CBD Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Got a hankering for something sweet to treat yourself at the end of a hard day? Chocolate fudge is a classic dessert that’s beloved for its rich, decadent flavor and endless number of possible variations. It’s also one of the easiest desserts to make at home and you can pull it off without any prior baking experience.
We tackled this classic confection and infused it with Bluebird Botanicals’ Downshift CBN + CBD Oil to make the ultimate treat for sharing with your sweetie or indulging in all by yourself.
- 400 g/14.1 oz chocolate baking chips or baking bar (we used a 50:50 combo of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate, but you can use dark chocolate or any other type of baking chocolate to suit your preference)
- 14 oz can full-fat sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 mL Downshift CBN + CBD Oil
- Optional: You can also add nuts, dried fruit, or peanut butter to your fudge based on your own taste preferences.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray or rub the dish with a stick of butter to form a light coating. Line the dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray the lining again with cooking spray or rub with more butter.
- Add the condensed milk and ¼ cup butter to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes until butter is completely melted and mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips and mix until chocolate is completely melted and the ingredients have fully combined. Mixture should take on a ganache-like consistency and there should be no chocolate chunks leftover.
- Add vanilla extract (if desired), Downshift, and any other additional ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and carefully flip the dish upside down on a cutting board. Gently peel the lining off of the fudge.
- Cut the fudge into evenly sized pieces. Serve and enjoy!