Bluebird Recipes: CBD Power Bars
Who's ready for snack time?
Homemade power bars are one of the most delicious, nutritious, and convenient treats to make yourself on a casual weeknight. They're designed to pack a hefty punch of protein and fiber into a small enough snack to take with you on the go. They’re easy to make in large batches and keep at home or work for a quick power-up, or to pack in your gym bag for the ultimate pre-workout fuel.
Plus, when you throw in a little Bluebird Botanicals CBD, you’re bound for holistic wellness!
These CBD power bars were adapted from Whole New Mom’s no-bake recipe made with natural ingredients rich in healthy fats, protein, and minerals. With the addition of Bluebird CBD Oil, you get all the goodness of full-spectrum hemp extracts - particularly a healthy serving of CBD. Plus, you can customize the recipe to your tastes really easily by swapping out the nuts and almond butter for your own personal preferences.
Our recipe calls for four servings of Concentrated Hemp Classic CBD Oil, which packs 100 mg of CBD for the whole batch and 11.1 mg per bar. However, if you’re just getting started with CBD or prefer a lower concentration, you can add fewer drops or use our regular-strength CBD oil instead.
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup flax meal (flax seeds ground in a blender or spice grinder)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond butter or other nut/seed butter of choice
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon Stevia (if using a different sweetener, check out this conversion chart for ideal measurements)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60 drops (2 mL) of Hemp Classic or Hemp Classic Concentrated CBD Oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
- Place nuts/seeds, flax meal, coconut, nut butter, salt, and Hemp Classic Concentrated CBD Oil in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the nuts and seeds are ground into a coarse meal.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Add coconut oil, sweeteners, and vanilla to the processor bowl and process until well combined to form a thick paste.
- Press the mixture into an 8x8 square pan.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- While bars are chilling, melt chocolate chips on the stovetop.
- Remove the bars from the refrigerator and gently cover with melted chocolate topping.
- Place back in the refrigerator to chill for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- Store in the freezer to enjoy throughout the week!