A Bluebird Botanicals Guide: How to Make a CBD Isolate Bath Bomb
Recipe makes 4 CBD bath bombs.
CBD bath bomb ingredients:
- 5 g serving of CBD isolate
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom salt or sea salt - your preference!
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or almond oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s) — we like a ylang ylang and bergamot blend for relaxation, or lemongrass to create a more uplifting bathing experience
- Bath bomb molds, or a silicone ice cube tray
- Optional: natural pigment — try the following ingredients to create a natural color for your bath bomb: turmeric for yellow, beet juice for pink, dried lavender for purple, or peppermint leaf for a nice, earthy hue. Activated charcoal can also make for a great addition to your CBD bath bomb, as it’s good for skin health and produces a deep greyish-black.
CBD bath bomb instructions:
- Mix the CBD isolate and warm coconut oil or almond oil together into a small bowl with the essential oils.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all remaining dry ingredients.
- With a gentle hand, slowly mix the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
When adding the liquid ingredients, make sure to do so very slowly. The texture should be the consistency of wet sand, able to be molded and shaped. If you need to add more moisture, you can do so by filling a small spray bottle with tap water and spritzing water over the mixture until it starts to bind together.
- If you’re using a traditional bath bomb mold, fill each half of the mold and press the two halves together firmly. Let sit for at least one minute. Twist apart like you would an Oreo cookie, and carefully place the formed bath bomb on a sheet of parchment paper.
If you’re using ice cube trays, simply fill the tray, let sit for a minute or two, then pop out the shapes and rest on parchment paper (you can play around with combining these into larger shapes as well). In all cases, let the bath bombs sit in open air for 12 to 24 hours after shaping.
Shop Bluebird's CBD Isolate and get started on your own CBD bath bomb project. They're great for your own enjoyment but also make for an easy, thoughtful, and creative way to show someone that you are thinking of them and considering their self-care.
Connect with Bluebird Botanicals on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share your favorite CBD bath bomb variations.