It’s mid-June, which means Father’s Day is just around the corner!
Bluebird knows that many “Best Dad Evers” have earned that title in part because of their role as grill master at the annual family barbecue. Grill Master Dads take care in their craft, ensuring that everyone leaves with full bellies, happy hearts…and maybe a little barbecue sauce dollop stained on their shirts.
This year, Bluebird invites the fathers, grandfathers, and caregivers in our flock to harness their adventurous and innovative spirit and give this CBD-infused barbecue recipe a go.
CBD-infused Barbecue Sauce:
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Recipe yields 48 servings
- 1 (14 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons of Bluebird Botanicals Classic Hemp Extract
- Combine tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, molasses, and spices in a medium saucepan. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool completely, then transfer to a blender.
- Add in Bluebird Botanicals Classic Hemp Extract and blend on high until pureed.
- Pour into an airtight container and transfer to the refrigerator.
- For the best flavor, allow your CBD-infused Barbecue sauce to sit and marinate overnight.
This recipe will produce 48 servings with 5 mg of CBD per 2-tablespoon serving. The sauce should keep for up to two weeks from the date of preparation.