It happens every year - those days and - okay - maybe even weeks after Thanksgiving. The Turkey Ghost of Dinner Table’s Past haunts your meals for long after you wish it would waltz its dark-meat thighs right out that door.
But, fear not, my friends! We’ve got a few fresh, easy snackables to help you finish off those Thanksgiving leftovers. And, naturally, we snuck in our favorite not-so-secret ingredient: Bluebird CBD.
Bless This Mess
This easy casserole dish is one of my favorite types of recipes: the slapdash mash! Just pull together whatever savory morsels you have handy after the Thanksgiving feast, sprinkle on some toppings, bake at 375° and call it dinnertime.
Pro-tip: the crunchy fried onions from your favorite green bean casserole make a great topping to this casserole as well.
Extra-snacky tip: for a more on-the-go option, try “mini messes,” by portioning into a muffin tin using cupcake liners!
- Thanksgiving leftovers (turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole work particularly well as a combo, but feel free to get creative!)
- 15 drops Bluebird Hemp Classic CBD Oil per intended serving
- Shredded or grated cheese of your choice
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°, then line your baking pan with foil or grease with oil.
- Take your leftovers and smush them together in a large bowl, or whatever you have, really.
- Add in your Hemp Classic CBD oil. Mush again.
- Spoon your leftover pile into your pan (or muffin tin).
- Sprinkle with your choice of cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until top is slightly crisp.
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Are you drooling yet? This recipe is so simple, the Thanksgiving turkey itself could probably do it, if it had opposable thumbs (are you getting tired of my poultry pleasantries yet?).
The best part about this recipe? It doesn’t matter how messy the pie remnants are - just put that spatula to work, scoop them into the blender, and voila! Creamy pie deliciousness.
- Pumpkin pie leftovers (or any pie, for that matter)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk (you can substitute hemp or almond milk to skip the lactose)
- 15 drops Bluebird Botanicals THC-Free* CBD Oil
- Dollop of whipped cream and pie crust slivers for garnish, if you’re feeling fancy
- Toss it all in a blender.
- Pour your desired serving into a cup (more, more...okay, we know you really want the whole thing)
- Garnish, again if you feelin’ fancy.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
An easy twist on the traditional turkey sandwich aftermath, though it admittedly does take a little extra time.
Instead of sliding your turkey between two slices, just stuff it into a sweet potato! Just as tasty, and potentially a little healthier, depending on your chosen ingredients.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, baked* at 375° until tender or approximately 45 minutes
- Bluebird’s Hemp Complete Concentrated CBD Oil
- A couple slices of turkey
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Handful of leftover greens
- 1 tablespoon gravy
- Optional: green bean casserole, stuffing, etc...
- Cut your sweet potatoes lengthwise, tucking in the ends gently to allow the center to fold open.
- Stuff those babies with your chosen leftovers.
- Drizzle on your gravy and Hemp Complete Concentrated CBD Oil and enjoy!