Yeah, we know there is a national day for everything now. And yes, we’re still gonna celebrate them whenever we want to. We’ll take any chance we can get to make and share delicious recipes, especially when we can put some good ol’ CBD in it!
In honor of this made-up holiday, we created this deluxe CBD dirty chai recipe to serve as the perfect transitional beverage from summer to fall. Chai has historically been a quintessential autumn drink with its sweet and spicy flavors – perfect for sitting by a bonfire or cozying up on your couch with a good book. This recipe is also easy to make in large batches. You can save some dollars and time on your morning Starbucks runs by enjoying your own DIY chai all week long!
Chai is very easy to customize to your own personal tastes. You can enjoy it hot, iced, or even frozen if you’re feeling fancy. You can make it “dirty” with a couple of shots of espresso, or you can keep it neat and coffee-free to enjoy as a refreshing treat later in the day. You can also tinker and tamper with the quantities and ingredients in the chai spice concentrate to make it exactly the way you like it. For example, I love a lot of ginger in my chai, but others might want to go easier on the ginger and heavy on the cinnamon. It’s up to you creative birds to make it how you want!
This particular chai recipe also includes a healthy serving of our Hemp Signature CBD Oil, meaning you’re getting roughly 5 mg of CBD per drink. This particular blend of CBD features frankincense extract and black cumin seed oil. Both of these ingredients have their own unique and powerful health benefits, and their spicy profiles pair wonderfully with the chai spice in this recipe!
C-B-Dirty Chai Latte Ingredients
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Chai Spice Concentrate (adjust to your own taste)
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 6 tea bags of black tea (your choice)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cardamom pods
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of milk or milk alternative of your choosing
- 2 shots of espresso
- 15 - 20 drops of Hemp Signature CBD Oil (4.2 mg of CBD per 15-drop serving)
- ½ cup of ice
- Optional - whipped cream
- Prepare your chai spice blend by crushing and chopping the star anise, cardamom pods, and cloves. Combine all of your dry ingredients into one bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, water, and tea to a saucepan. Don’t add the vanilla yet!
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Strain out the spices and remove the tea bags.
- Add the vanilla extract to the concentrate. Refrigerate for an hour to chill.
- When ready to serve, pour the chai concentrate into a cup over ice, filling it about halfway. Add 15-20 drops of Hemp Signature CBD Oil.
- Pour the milk into the mixture, leaving a little room at the top of the mug.
- Add your espresso and optional whipped cream. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top.
- Serve and enjoy!