April 28th marks Global Pay It Forward Day. Started in 2007, this annual occasion is celebrated in over 85 countries with one common goal: to stand for kindness together.
The Pay It Forward Foundation encourages everyone to participate in "acts of kindness among strangers (to) foster a more caring society." At Bluebird Botanicals, our goals couldn't align more closely. Our mission is to make the world a happier place, and simple acts of kindness are one of the best way to spread love and happiness throughout our communities.
Here are 15 simples ways you can participate in Pay It Forward Day and help spread ripples of kindness across the globe!
1. Send a note of appreciation to a friend or coworker.
2. Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
3. Pick up litter around your neighborhood.
4. Donate to a local charity - even a couple of dollars can make a difference!
5. Pay for the person in line behind you.
6. Bring flowers or a plate of baked goods to the nurse's station at your local hospital.
7. Offer to run errands for an elderly relative or neighbor.
8. Send a thank you email to a helpful customer service representative.
9. Write an encouraging chalk message on the sidewalk in your nearest park.
10. Donate old clothes to your local thrift shop, and extra blankets or towels to your local animal shelter.
11. Mail a greeting card to a friend or family member who lives alone.
12. Create decorative rock art with uplifting notes to leave around your neighborhood.
13. Write a positive review of a good business.
14. Create a care package for a frontline service worker.
15. Build or donate to a little free library.